February 8, 2019

Flash Fiction February: Chapter Five


I'm writing a novella! Kinda. I'm more so just throwing some words on the page, but I can't do that without attention. Also calling this flash fiction is a little misleading. Sure some days I might only write two paragraphs, but generally you can expect a little more than that. And yes, they will be (by and large) unedited.

Tune back every weekday in February to see how this tale turns out. It'll be dumb, I'm sure. Feel free to throw suggestions at me anytime to get mentioned at the end of each chapter (if I use your idea). Enjoy!


~~~~~




The corridors of the east wing almost seemed abandoned save the LED signs of arriving and departing flights that added an hour delay to a flight every three minutes. The howling wind slammed falling clumps of snow against the floor-to-ceiling windows. And that bitch cackled to themselves behind an unattended attendant counter.

Their phone kept buzzing with notifications as if someone was calling bitch, so bitch whipped it out to find it wasn't Terrence live-tweeting his experience like bitch had hoped but the Google alerts bitch set up to track Yanny. Apparently Yanny had found herself in Cairo after dreaming she was Anubis, Uncanny assumed. While there, she confused the culture of the environment and screamed, "I'm Aladdin, bitch, and this is my Apu!" The article mentioned she probably meant to say "Abu" but "Apu" was appropriate as she relived herself in front of a produce stand before escaping via rooftop hopping. Thanks to the aerial view of the surprisingly massive shit Yanny left behind, Uncanny was able to see the message she left behind: bitch written in Arabic.

Immediately amused and charmed, Uncanny barrel rolled over to the closest window. That bitch squinted into the afternoon sun until bitch saw a satellite surveying the area. Readjusting to place both hands on the window, the bitch focused their energy to swirl snow around until a cleared out patch of runway read "Laurel" in frosty white flakes.

"That should get her here in an hour or two, don't you think, Rupert?" Uncanny turned behind him.

Rustling awake from a plastic chair, Rupert looked past his master and squawked.

"Of course I checked. If that satellite doesn't pick up the image, I'm sure some dumbass local news chopper will soon." Their smile unraveled. "She has to see it. She'll make all of this so much easier."

Rupert twisted the head upside down.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll break up with her. ...once I find Terrence and assure he's mine."

A tweet left Rupert's beak this time.

"Excuse me?"

Rupert repeated himself but he didn't like it.

"I didn't know you could sense each other. Makes sense, but still. You were holding out on me, but you know how I love a reveal," their smile returned.

Uncanny's companion took flight, circling around that bitch until he darted towards their destination. It wasn't until he was halfway down the hall that Rupert didn't feel a presence trailing him. He returned to his master.

"Oh yeah, I'm in no rush. I mean honestly, I doubt anyone will be somewhere I can't find them," that bitch shared. "Especially with our powers combined. Now, where is your brother, Rupert?"



~~~~~
Prompt contributor(s):
Renee Wallace: Lovers that only meet online that are trolls irl 

No comments:

Post a Comment