May 19, 2011

#69 - Dance in the Rain

Oh, you thought I forgot about my 101 Tasks in 1001 Days?
Naw, I just had to regroup myself for  a second.
You know how things go.
And since I've been slacking these last few months,
I have major catching up to do.
So I got an easy one out of the way last night.

Now, I've never seen Dancing in the Rain....
[does a Google search]
That's because it's called Singin' in the Rain.
Wow, I'm terrible.
But in any case,
I obviously owe it to myself to watch it.
Without classic movies like those,
where would we be, right?

Luckily my challenge based of a movie wasn't a total bust, because if you're dancing why not sing too?

I got out of a meeting early yesterday evening.
However I still had to wait to be picked up.
Of course, being the guy I am, I always have my iPod and headphones on deck.
As soon as everyone else left,
I headed towards the empty parking lot.
I selected a playlist I knew most of the words to
and one I could easily bust a move to: Blaine and the Pips.
Yes, I pretended like I was Darren Criss on Glee
and moved around that parking lot like I had a whole crew of Warblers behind me.
Obviously, I'm not as good a singer as Mr. Criss,
but I like to think I'm damn good when I drop an octave. haha

In case you're wondering,
yes I did incorporate choreography from the show.
Shoot, I even kicked my foot across a few puddles
like I was Chris Brown in that one video [I think].
...I suddenly realize I could have performed
the Singing in the Rain/Umbrella mash up from Glee, too.
Oh well. Next time.

So what did I get out of doing this?
Well for one, I got my life.
It just... I excited myself.
When that light or steady drizzle hits your head
as you sweat through song after song,
you almost don't want to stop.
You could keep going like that rabbit that represents Energizer.
That is until the downpour comes.
Then you'll like, "Well it was fun while it lasted, but fuck this!"

But overall, it's just a freeing experience.
I highly recommended it,
even to those that can't sing or dance.
Go out and get your life!
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment