July 1, 2012

Where Have You Been?

With June dead and gone,
that makes two months that my blog has gone completely silent.

Last you heard from me my grandfather passed.
It doesn't even feel like a month honestly,
feels like I just saw him sealed inside a wall two weeks ago.

But he's not the reason I stopped writing.
Honestly it was a mix of lack of motivation and work.
Those who have followed my blog for some time now are aware that June is the busiest month for Event Services at Loyola.
This is actually my last summer with them, so hopefully my favorite month becomes more enjoyable next year.

While I did return home most days completely drained from work,
I could have mustered a few brain cells to post a blog or two.
As usual, there's a long list of topics I wanted to talk about.
However, graduating from college (which I'll finally talk about this week) is what really did my writing career in.
Being a Writing major, you're assigned what you write;
sure you'll occasionally write a few things on your own -
which is what this blog was for me three years and running -
but after a while writing became somewhat of a chore.
Obviously I still enjoy it, otherwise this would be a farewell post
and I would be completely directionless in life.

I suppose what I'm saying is that I needed a break,
and a break I took.

I promised you all posts before I graduated.
Those are coming.
There's a lot that happened in May that I have lined up to discuss.
My adventures with job hunting is sure to rear its head eventually as well.

I would say expect a post tomorrow,
but I think it's best if we just continue to play it by ear for now.
Who knows, maybe I'll even post something later tonight.
Until then, read on my dear friends (and associates).
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment