January 11, 2016

Glue Trap and Just Another Saturday

Another Monday, another workshop. Enjoy these two rough drafts of poems about topics I pulled out of a hat!

~~~
Glue Trap

"Talk about a sticky situation."
I'll never understand your infatuation.
"I just love having you near."
That's not what I want to hear.
This is a prank; admit it.
"If I wanted to do that, I'd make a pit.
But see, I've already fallen for you."
Oh, boo. "It's true!"
You could have just held a conversation.
"I have a problem with procrastination."
And this is your solution?!
"I figured it better than noise pollution;
now we're in private and have no where to run."
I wish I'd never given you my glue gun.
"I would have used duct tape if you hadn't."
Like a kidnapper? You're ment-
"-al? Not quite so. I'm just the cat to your mouse."
I should have never come to your house.


~~~
Just Another Saturday

All the gravity on Earth
is focused on you
as soon as you wake up,
doesn't that make you feel special?
Of course not, it's just cumbersome.
You feel paralyzed,
your bed is your prison.
Returning to sleep is your only freedom:
you run, leap, yearn for more
until you reach too high
and are reminded that you are limited.
Shackled in your own dream
as it warps into your nightmare,
no lucidness can save you now.
A jolt of guilt stirs you back to reality,
the gravity of the world still upon you.
Checking your phone, you feel dread.
You know what you must do.
It'll make you feel better.
You start your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment