December 19, 2022

Dust Off


 

I didn't mean it, I promise.

So, I haven't posted anything in almost a year. Even for how sparingly I upload these days, that's... upsetting. It's not like I haven't had anything to share. I had a wonderful piece planned for Valentine's Day that I never finished. It hit a little too close at the time, but hey, maybe I'll drop it early next year?

Why am I back now? 

In honestly, I've been bragging about writing again. And I have! And actually editing and writing second drafts. Some pieces are one shots, some the beginnings of something bigger. Through this process, I've realized you can hold on to something and keep editing it forever. That's not really my jive, but I'm trying to learn from my industry big brothers and sisters to move in silence.

Don't worry, I'm going to start feeding you more often.

This is a... rebranding! I started this blog as a 19 year old in early 2010. From my humble, problematic exploration of the world around me to my late 20s yearly creative writing dumps, this old site has seen it all. I'm hesitant to start over somewhere new. And I'm sure eventually I will, but for now, we're still here. 

What should you expect?

Well, first things first, the 10th Biased Best Albums of the Year list and review will be out next week. As you're reading this, I probably just started actually writing it. After that, I'm going to be posting a mix of things: personal essays, short stories, scripts, possibly a few poems or collection of tweets. I'm sure the 2013/2014 wave of critical thinking and cancel culture scared me away from sharing all of my raw thoughts like early 20s me did, but I'm going to attempt to start reacting to the world again. Not like anyone cares what a 30-something black gay from the East Coast thinks, but in case someone does, I'll be here.

I've hope you've all been well. I hope you'll come back for what I have around the corner. It'll be fun. Who knows, maybe you'll even see something here before it's published else where.

How exciting would that be?


Word

1 comment:

  1. Glad you’re back, I CARE!!! Not that you’re Black or Gay but that you have a voice and your willing to share. Please 🙏 keep posting.

    ReplyDelete