April 28, 2016

May We Blog?

My dear friends (and associates), I have done you a disservice. I wasn't here for you in your time of need. There was no one to rejoice with you when learning Harriet Tubman would be the new face of the twenty dollar bill nor was there anyone to channel your rage when it was revealed that the former slave owner would be on the opposite side of the bill AND that we'd have til wait until 2030 for said bill. There was no one to give you live coverage of the Maryland state and Baltimore city primaries. No one to sing a stripped down, acoustic version of Little Red Corvette when Prince died. No one to fill you teacup with lemonade when Jay-Z gave Beyonce lemons. 

I could tell you I'll be covering all those things today, but that would be a lie. I could tell you why I missed a whole month of blogging, but I already did all the recapping I cared for two weeks ago. So why have I gathered you here today, on a Sunday no less. 

Well, I love making things up to people, and I love challenging myself. For the four weeks in May, you can expect a post nearly every weekday. And you can count on this promise because I'll be writing my monologues in advance. That's right, no more day-of writing for me. I'll be too busy for that. And the best part is that they'll be themed!

Music Mondays
This isn't your typical new music blog. No, anyone can do that. Every Monday will feature older albums that I deem worthy of bringing back to your attention so you can bop through your entire work week. 

Talk'o Tuesdays
This segment will allow me to talk about hot pressing issues and current events. My take on "Wake Up, America" journalism. These are the posts I usually write and that you love reading. 

Writing Wednesdays
Who doesn't love when I have a creative outlet? Humpday will be my time to mess around with poetry, short fiction, or maybe even preview something longer I'm working on. I suspect a series could even erupt if I keep this up long enough. 

Hot Take Thursdays
Conspiracy theories need to shine, and mine are no exception. My humor will shine through as I try to make sense of how the world works. Who knows, maybe my spicy takes could be right a few times. 

(In)Frequent Fridays
An anything goes, this is what I have left over segment. Sometimes I'll write on Fridays. Sometimes I won't. Literally anything could happen. 

I hope you're as excited about the new lineup as I am. Who knows, maybe I'll be a great writer and keep this up through June if they become popular enough. We'll see if my madness pays off. 



Word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment