September 2, 2009

Bar O' Soap


Okay, real serious question here...
Am I the only one that still washes with a bar of soap instead of body wash?

I mean,
I'm starting to feel as if I'm the only one
showering like a prison inmate minus the fear of dropping the soap.
If anything, I'm practicing not to just in case...
you know, cause black men like to get locked in jail for no reason. :-/

Anyway,I started to notice this freshmen year.
Outta about... 18 guys in my hallway,
I think I was the only one who used a bar,
as far as I could tell from walkin into their bathrooms.
I noticed the same last year and even this year in my room.
The shower is decked out in bottles of body wash and shampoo.
I feel so outta date with my lil bar of soap and its green soap box.

Why is body wash such a big hit with guys?
Is it because of soap scum?
Which I never really got in the first place.
Even if it is scum, it's still soap.
What's dirty about soap?
If any germs get on it, shouldn't the soap kill it?
Maybe I need a scientist to explain it to me.

I bet it won't even be long
before hotels start giving out little bottles of body wash and liquid soap
instead of soap bars.

I don't know,
I'm not too much a fan of the body wash.
I mean yeah,
it seems convienent and quick and easy,
but I feel like the smell really lingers,
which isn't always a good thing.
You ever smell something that tries too hard to smell good?
It's not very pleasing to the nose.
Also, like most black people,
I am accustomed to using a washcloth when I shower.
This is because when you share the soap at home,
you don't want to be using no soap with somebody else's body hair on it.
Ill... ick... nasty.
I feel like body wash is attempting to get rid of washclothes,
which I also am not a fan of.

Again,
maybe it's just me.
But until I'm convinced otherwise,
my Zest soap will suit me just fine.
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment