February 9, 2011

Too Honest?



During my 2.5 hour late night class last night
that I suffered and daydreamed through,
I had one of my classic conversations with myself.
I thought about my blog
and wondered if I was telling too much.
On my last post,
a friend commended me on how honest I was able to be.

With this whole age of technology,
mainly blogging and Twitter,
people have been able to express themselves.
I have definitely taken advantage of this,
and I've said things that just pop into my head on a whim,
sometimes saying things I wouldn't in person.

I finally came to this conclusion:
just because you're honest,
it doesn't mean people won't look at you different.
If anything, they'll judge you more.

Yes, you have free speech,
and you are certainly entitled to your opinion,
but it still has repercussions.
A person has reason to cry if you truthfully say they're ugly;
a person can punch you in the face if you say something they deem offensive;
a person is allowed to distance themselves for you if you admit to being mentally unstable.

Sometimes, it's best to keep information to yourself.
You have to know the right people to reveal things to.
It's simply how our society works.
We all have our secrets.
Some are just more liberal about letting them out.
Word.

2 comments: