February 17, 2011

Terrible Twos

I wasn't going to blog this week at all,
and I might not blog next week.
There's been a lot of assignments due,
books to read, movies to watch,
and a play that opens next week to rehearse.

However, my teacher cancelled my last class today,
so I have some free time on my hands. :-)

So yes, today is the Wacko Monologues 2nd anniversary.
I've gotta say, February 17th has kinda become my Chinese New Year,
in that I celebrate it more whole-heartedly than January 1st.
I'm glad to see the blog come so far.
It definitely has grown and flourished,
gained a few more readers,
allowed me to mature a bit more.
All things I'm happy about.
I haven't been posting as often,
which does sadden me,
but no worries.
I have no plans to shut up shop.
I enjoy exposing myself,
I mean sharing my views, too much.

If you remember the post from the one year anniversary,
I had a list of goals and practices for the next year.
Well, 1) I haven't revised every blog before I post it, but I have become better about avoiding typos and flushing out everything I want to say instead of leaving you guys hanging or unsatisfied.
2) I asked for suggestions for about 3 months. I don't remember getting too much, so I went back to my notebooks for help. I'll try it again, though.
3) Have I taken my stuff to Youtube? Well, as some of you may have seen, I posted a Valentine's Day Poetry video this week. On that account are videos of me simply talking to the camera. I still can't edit, and I'll probably change how I go about it soon, but yeah. I talk to computer now. How cool am I? :-D

So, do I dare make any new resolutions for the Wacko Monologues?
I don't see the harm.

1) Read other blogs more often.
I have to many unread posts from my friends and fellow bloggers that I desperately want to read. Ella Thought comes to mind immediately. I want to expose myself to other's opinions more.

2) Tackle most tasks on my 101 Tasks in 1001 Days.
A few of them are time sensitive upon my graduation in May, so I definitely have to get on them. And of course, I'll continue to blog about them as I've been doing.

3) Write more stories and poems.
I've been wanting to start different segments back up, the How to and Top 10 included. So keep a look out for all of that.

This next year should promise to be anything but terrible.
Pop a bottle of champagne for the Monologues tonight, kids!
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment