February 17, 2010

It's Been a Year?




"Do you know what today is?
It's our anniversary." -Tony Toni Tone

Ha Ha! That's right, my dear friends [and associates].
Today, Feb 17th, marks the one year anniversary of the Wacko Monologues.
I am... well I'm quite proud of myself, to be honest.
I mean, I started writing blogs out of boredom.
I had been cast in a play the fall semester before
but not in any the spring semester after.
So I figured, "Why not find a way to occupy my time?"
Here's the original mission statement
I posted in the first 4 or so posts:

"I'm basically going to start an online journal kind of thing.
It'll be sparatic and full of spelling errors cause I can't spell for shit.
I was inspired by the recent resurgence in the utilization of the note feature: 25 things and others deciding to just share their thoughts on thing.
I don't plan to have any theme to these, but if one so emerges, I won't try to stray from it."
[Did I really use sparatic, resurgence, and utilization all within 2 lines?
Someone was trying to show off that day. Hahaha]

It's funny now that I look back on it.
I mean, the kind of poem-like stanza formation
was something I decided at that very first post,
like on the spot.
I knew I hated reading big blocks of text in other people's notes on Facebook,
so I figured that would be the best way to deliver my thoughts.

Also funny,
I said I wouldn't have any topics for these.
But ever since the second post,
there's been a uniting topic to each post. haha

As some of you know,
the Wacko Monologues started on Facebook.
They were published during the weekdays,
usually about 2-5 a week,
depending on how much inspiration I recieved.
I've since expanded by posting on blogger
and creating a fan page on Facebook as well.
I hope one day is that more than my friends will read these...
which I feel like since I've joined blogger has been the case.

But enough of the history [I think],
time for announcements.

1) I will begin revising before posting.
Yes, I know right?
No more typos or spelling errors, or at least that's the plan.
Also, by revising I'll be able to add more insight
that I may have forgotten to bring up before.
Good, right?

2) I'll be asking for help.
As I've been doing on twitter,
I'll be asking for more suggestions for posts.
I mean, a year is a long time to be doing this.
This is the 195th post itself, so... yeah.
Brain drain. Haha.
Besides, that way I can appeal more to you, my audience.

3) Video blogging?
[clears throat] Yes... um...
well, I mean I have a camera now.
And it does record video.
So I have been thinking about taking it to YouTube.
This is all just a maybe as of now.
But... maybe if I get the right software and the courage,
I'll show my face and deliver my message to a bigger audience.
Because we all know more people watch YouTube than read a blog
... or a book for that matter.

So, that's all I have today.
If you've seen me around campus today smiling like no other,
this is the reason why.
I can't really celebrate it tonight, or this week,
cause I'm asst stage managing slash running the light board
for a play on campus that starts tomorrow and runs until Sunday
but trust, I will definitely have something to celebrate...
myself. [no ego] haha

Anyway,
on some Lupe ish,
"Peace... and much love to ya."
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment