February 27, 2010

Hip Hop vs Rap

Is there really a difference between the two?

Personally,
I think there is.
Hip hop is more concious, self aware.
It tells a story or uplifts us.
Rap is more about self glory and
claiming superiority over others.

Rap music is a better for jamming out at a party.
Hip hop is more something you sit back in your room with and vibe out to.
No one really wants to think
when they're at a party.
They just want to chill and have a good time.

For personal preference,
I like hip hop better.
I mean, I try to be as socially aware as possible,
and hip hop offers insight into certian issues.
With rap,
it's more about the hustle, which I can't relate to;
it's about gettin bitches, which I can't relate to;
it's about stunting like it's a habit; which... yeah, I can relate to.

I don't know,
hip hop is just more pleasing to my ears.
The beats and flow, ah magnificence.

But still,
the two are hard to distinguish from one another.
People often use the two as synonyms.
Artists often cross between the two as well,
connecting to a wider audience.

Hmm...
I'd like to discuss this topic at greater length,
but I'm afriad I have to go to work now.
Just wanted to blog now
because I doubt I'll have time to do it later.

As always,
please feel free to way in.
I value your opinion
as much as you value mines. [no ego]
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment