February 1, 2010

Deja Vu... Deja Vu


Deja vu: feeling as if you already saw or experienced something.

I'm sure we've all had this happen to us at least once.
We'll walk by a certain group of parked cars
and double back cause we swore we saw
the exact same cars months ago.
Changes are it was actually the day before,
but the feeling is still startling.

As far as my experiences with deja vu goes,
I know the source of them: my dreams.
I'll have a realistic dream,
nothing out of the norm happens,
I'll feel as if I've been there before,
and then I'll wake up and go about my day.
Weeks, maybe months, later,
I'll actually experience my dream,
not just the scene but the words as well.
Usually, they're only 5-10 second snippets,
but still,
when I first experienced it
I damn near pissed myself.

I would think I'm psychic,
but none of these deja vues[?]
have been significant.
They've always been just everyday things
that don't really need me to transpire.

For instance,
I was in class and a peer was raising an agrument
about a short story we read.
The words at the end of his point rung in my ears.
They continued to ring as another student followed.
The deja vu ended when she stopped speaking.
I almost wanted to tell my classmates about it,
but I shrugged it off and went back to looking down at my paper.

Actually,
I think I had a dream
that was an exact scene from Avatar.
Don't quote me on that,
it may have been after I saw it. haha

But yeah...
What's your take on deja vu?
How often does it happen to you?
As always, the flooe is open to discussion.
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment