February 3, 2010

Obama: Branded


Obama Black, huh?

Okay, so a link caught my eye this afternoon
as I was checkin my twitter account.
I clicked on it,
and wouldn't you know
Urban Outfitters was advertising
a woman's blouse in a color called...
right, Obama Black.
Let me tell ya'll.
The shit ain't black.
It ain't brown, mahogany;
shit it's not even tan.
It's gray, ya'll.
I guess cause that's what black plus white equals.
Funny. [We are not amused.]

I mean, let's face it;
this isn't the first time Obama's name has been attached to something foolish.
There was the coin collection,
I think some tacky dinner plates,
of course the ghetto tees
found on any corner in urban community shopping districts.
Yes, we all know the man is our first black;
stop tryna profit off his name.

Basically, Obama is becoming a brand.
But is he signing off on it
or are people just tryna play him?
Or are they actually praising him?
I'm curious to know.
I mean,
my theory is that Joe Biden is chilling on the side,
intercepting some of Obama's mail.
Then he calls in Hilary and Nancy Pelosi.
They sit in privacy and read anything interesting,
nothing about bill proposals or rejections
or letters of thanks from the people.
They open a few of the hate mail though,
with caution of course.
Then they come across envelopes from different venders.
The 3 then lay all of their options on the table
and pick the one that will generate the most controversy.
Rather they're doing it to tarnish Obama's reputation
or build it up and keep him popular through scandal is unclear.

I do know this, though.
"I'm mad as hell,
and I'm not gonna take this
Anymore!!!!"
Haha.
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment