February 26, 2010

Inappropiate, Sir

What exactly is inappropiate?
I mean, how do we as a society define it?
And why is it considered as such,
because of our standards?
Bcecause we've made something taboo?

Why can't a guy go up to a girl and give her breast a squeeze?
Because it invades her personal space,
not to mention it makes her feel like a piece of meat.

Why can't I curse around young child?
Because then they'll use it all the time
and will grow up to be "poor" members of society.

Why can't white people use the n-word?
Because it brings up too many painful memories for blacks
and they just don't say it cool, anyway.

So, I guess in a sense
things are considered inappropiate for a reason.
But in a world without this connotation...
my, could you imagine the horrors?

Gay people kissing on park benches.
Employees breaking into a song and dance routine at work.
Everyone wearing what they want to wear.
Mphm.
The horror.
The pure and utter horror.

You know me,
always the one to question why society functions the way it does.
I propose we have a day of no standards, when anything goes.
I wonder how we'd starting towards one another
when we no longer hold back.
Dream on, listeners.
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment