February 12, 2010

Don't Dance With Wolves

This poem here was inspired by a dream a while back.
I wrote the poem and forgot I wrote it.
Luckily, I was dreaming all crazy last night,
and woke up thinking about past dreams.
Anyway, here you go.
Enjoy.
Word.


I’m traveling home.
On the way, I see a friend of mines from high school from a distance,
But this does not make sense.
I am at my college.
He continues to walk on ahead of me;
I walk at my usual pace behind him.
Soon, from the below hill,
3 wolves run up and surround him,
They come up one at a time actually.
My friend is no longer there.
Has he been eaten?
Another man seems to be there in his place.
He runs until 3 dogs come along to aid him.
The man stands there as he cheers the dogs on.
The wolves run away in fear.
But before they can run off,
Another wolf appears.
The man sees them returning and immediately runs off.
The 3 dogs are paralyzed with terror
As the 4 wolves pounce on them and tear them apart.
Once they are dead, the wolves chomp in on them,
The man comes back in partakes in hopes of becoming one of them.

I am right in front of them,
Frozen with fear along with a young couple.
The new wolf then speaks up.
“Anyone knows where we can get a hot dog?”
The man of the couple points down the hill to a restaurant.
“No. I meant like you.”
Realizing what they mean I start to slowly creep backwards to my residence hall,
It’s right behind me, actually.
The new wolf sees this and says,
“You stay. We may need you in case these two don’t feel us up.”
I supposed I should feel honored.
At least the black guy doesn’t die first in this horror flick.


[Hey, I never said my dreams make sense.
But I know somehow they do.]

No comments:

Post a Comment