February 11, 2010

You Can't Say That

But... But...
1) It's true.
2) What happened to free speech?

I decided to write this because of what John Mayer said
in a interview with Playboy.
I think it was something along the lines
of his dick being a white supremisist.
Now, me, I found that hilarious.
But I guess most of America wasn't.

I mean, a man is entitled to his opinion.
We all have our preferences.
So maybe he didn't say in a political correct matter.
Fuck political correct.
People aren't always going to agree.

On a related note,
some don't agree on usage of words
such as nigga or spick.
Once again, I let free speech come in.
I think I've said this before,
but I'll repeat it.
As much as I enjoy sayin nigga because
it's something blacks have complete control over,
I look forward to the day when my white brothers and sisters can use it.
I know some of you are looking at me like,
"C.G., you be wildin some days, but you bout to make me come over there and hurt you."
But I mean, come on.
I feel like once they're allowed to say it,
tensions will decrease a little.
As with everything we say
tone and context plays a large role in what words we use.
Our white brothers and sisters will have to keep this in mind as well.
Tred lightly, don't go splashing around.
That's how fools get eaten by sharks.

Lastly, should anyone get in trouble for what they say?
I thought I had been taught
that actions speak louders than words.
Why should we allow something offensive a person says
dictate how we feel towards them?
Back to the John Mayer example,
let's treat it like Michael Jackson.
Enjoy the music;
ignore the propaganda.
Word.

2 comments:

  1. I found it hilarious as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the world will talk the way it will. but as for believers in the True God, we will stand out and be different than they are.

    Life and death are in the power of the tongue.

    ReplyDelete