March 14, 2011

Letter to a Neglected Blog

Dear The Wacko Monologues,

Forgive my formalities, but I feel I must implement them. We have become so unfamiliar with each other. Here I am, becoming increasingly busy, growing into a man, facing struggles and challenges, formulating new views; yet I haven't revealed any of it to you. I've left you in the dark, alone in the world, ignorant. I know you're only a webpage, but I can't help but feel responsible for the way you shiver in the cold of the night.

Because of my decreased involvement with you, others have begun to visit you less and less. Without any new information, they find no use for you. That's petty of them, but can you blame them? Would you want to keep talking to someone that had nothing new to say? Me neither. But again, this is my fault. In a way, you are only a puppet with an neglectful puppeteer.

But have no fear, my pet. I am rushing back to you forthwith. Can't you hear it in my tone? I am ready to hold you in my arms and whisper my deepest, darkest secrets and thought into your ear.

Why the sudden resurgence in our relationship, you ask? Well... I find it difficult to share with anyone but you sometimes. I think it's because you don't reply; you only repeat. I know you're a blabber mouth, but I like that. I want you to spread it around town because I'm too cowardly to do it myself at times. Then, only those that want to listen will hear my message. It will never be wasted on deaf ears (or blind eyes in this case).

In a way, I'm offering for you to be used by me. But, you'll be using me, too, to regain your popularity. It seems pretty win-win to me. So what do you say, old friend? Partners again, you and me. Let's start our journey once more.

Sincerely,
Mr. Wacko

No comments:

Post a Comment