March 17, 2011

What Song Were You Conceived To?



I just posted on Twitter:
"I'm taking bets.
A child is getting consummated conceived to Bow Chicka Wow Wow tonight."
Today is St. Patrick's Day.
Hookups are bound to happen.
With people as drunk as they'll be tonight,
someone bound to forgo a condom.
I'm just saying.

But this has reopened a question I often pondered,
one I wish I didn't but I do.
Now, I know not everyone has sex to a soundtrack,
but I'm sure a fair amount of us do.
And if not, I'm pretty sure our parents did.

Of course classics like
Marvin Gaye's Let's Get It On,
Barry Whites' Deeper and Deeper,
Teddy Pendergrass's Turn Off the Lights,
and Rick James & Teena Marie's Fire and Desire
instantly come to mind.
Those are classic baby-making music songs.
This make me wonder what the white equivalents are.
Afternoon Delight?
That's all that's hitting me right now.

I'm actually dying to know actual figures now.
Imagine if "conceiving song" was on your birth certificate.
Would you forever be traumatized by that song
or forever grateful to it for ushering you into the world?

Beware the music tonight, no any night.
It'd be a shame if you started getting buck in the middle of the dance floor to Get Low.
Your kid might come out shouting "Yeah!!!"

Just... keep the beer goggles off tonight, guys.
Keep in mind, some of us were accidents.
You don't want your favorite song ruined by an accident, do you?

But if any of you really do make a child to Mike Posner's song tonight, tell your child about it when the time is right.
I'm interested to see what happens.  haha
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment