February 8, 2016

Death of a Dab

I now understand why people say it's more than a game. Last night's Super Bowl wasn't just a game between two outstanding quarterbacks; for me (and plenty of others on Twitter) it was a night of what should have been black pride. We all expected to champion our newest representative in the face of people who call us thugs for celebrating. Instead, we performed a memorial Dab for Black History Month as it ended abruptly at approximately 10:32pm on February 7th.

To be honest, the Dab has had one foot in the grave since Hillary Clinton  attempted it with Ellen Degeneres. I'm not saying white people ruin everything. Quite the opposite. Betty White gave me life when she presented her interpretation.


However, Cameron Newton and his crew of flunkies failed to uphold their winning standard. They allowed the eldest Manning to take away his younger brother's bragging rights by tying their Super Bowl rings. It would be a wonderful time to retire, but I foresee alliteration coming to play as he becomes Petty Peyton and goes for one more championship.

I'm not saying the NFL is fixed, but I'm not saying it's not neither.

The saddest part about the result of last night game's is that racists and other problematic people will continue to heckle Cam in the face of his recent defeat. Then again, they probably would have kept it up anyway. Racists are the true petty artists.

So, this post is for all my real ones. Pour out your coffee or tea as I spill my 40 for the death of a simple and elegant dance that was once a symbol of celebration. RIP the dab emoji that never officially was.

Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment