May 9, 2009

One Man's Trash...

So, with the end of the college year
donation bins have popped up all around the campus.
Many kids have been dropping of things here and there,
the bigger dorms having the better turn out.
But man...you should see some of the things they donate.
First off, I noticed hella clam chowder.
I suppose college kids don't like canned seafood
that isn't Chicken of the Sea.
There were quite a few mops and cleaning supplies too.
Saw a few microwaves and other applicances.
Ratty clothes, of course.
The usual canned goods.
Open bags of cereal and other snacks?
I know they needy, but really though?
Giving away open food?
But that wasn't even the kicker.
The biggest disappointment were seeing tampons and maxipads.
Now... I'm a guy....I first thought... "Ey, maybe that shit expire."
But, no. A female friend of mines informed me differently.
So... what college girl in her right mindthrows away something she needs monthly?
B****, do you not get your period?
Was the shit not your brand?
Wait a minute.....
You don't get your period when you're pregnant, do you....?
Ooooooooooo.........

But honestly,
all that shit I saw,
made me wanna just roll up in there and swipe
a good bunch of stuff.
And honestly, why shouldn't I?
It's for the needy, right?
Well, I'm black.
I'm a college student.
I'mma be away from home this summer.
Shiiitt..
I'mma need some ramen noodles,
some cleaning supplies.
I'll take that microwave.
Ooo, a TV, why thank you.
You can keep them nasty ass tampons though.
Mmm... Indeed,
one white kid's trash
is one struggling black kid's temporary treasure.
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment