May 29, 2009

Watching

We, as a curious people, are very observant.
Many a time do I find myself staring at some one walking towards me on the sidewalk only to divert my eyes as they come closer.
Where did this taboo for looking at strangers come from?
We all stare and turn our heads when someone catches us.
You know the feeling yourself; it's like a Spider-sense goes off.
What draws us to look a people?
What attracts us to them?
Is it attraction?
In some situations, yes.
We look in a kind of hope residing in the back of our heads that they will catch us.
This way they know we're interested, forcing the next move on them.
Other times, we stare because we find something off.
Someone's hair is all wrong.
Their clothes don't match.
They have their kid on a leash like a dog.
What ever it is, we stare in hopes for correcting it, but do nothing.
Or we stare to get a quick laugh in.
But sometimes, staring can come out of pure boredom.
You may be waiting for the bus, train, or plane and see a person readin a paper.
The headline on the first page catches you.
It's about the war, or the recession, or if you're lucky a new detail about Chris Brown goin angry black man on Rihanna.
You stare intensely attempting to read the story from the next seat over.
Then, like magic, two red circle appear on the other side of the paper.
This alerts the original reader who then puts the paper down to catch your eyes.
You blush and divert your eyes to the board with the departure times.
Quick save, but it won't stop you from doin it again.

Speaking of watching, you know what really grinds my gears?
People looking over my shoulder to see what I'm typing.
They may not actually be even tryin to see what I'm doin.
Just their presence messes with my soul and I halt most of my usual activity.
I don't want to give them the satisfation of something juicy.
Yet, I'll do just the same to someone else.
Not usually, but if they give me reason to believe their up to no good...
Here, they know I'm there.
If they didn't want me to see, they shouldn't have been doin it.
Mmm... there I go, contradicting myself again.
My, how the mind can work.
Time to reevaluate things again.
Darn these blogs! [Not at all, I love em.]
Word. [to ya mother]

No comments:

Post a Comment