August 15, 2009

Bromances

Such relationships amuse me.
I mean...well first off, it's a double standard.
Females have "girlfriends" all the time.
They're just really close friends.
No one assumes anything when a lady says,
"I'm goin out to the bar with my girlfriend tonight."
But when a guy says,
"Yeah, me and my manz are goin to the park this afternoon"
slight suspicion is raised.
I'm just saying,
guys need best friends too.

I think it's cool a guy can have someone
that kind of acts like a brother,
someone they can do everything with, tell things to,
with close to no judgment.
They have their own little inside jokes
that only they laugh hysterically at.
They do things unique to them.
They act as each other's consul; a life wingman, if you will.
They marvel in picture opportunities,
often posting them as profile pics at the same time.
It's adorable when you think about it.

But a thought did cross my mind the other day:
Can gay men have bromances, be it with other gays or straights?
I imagine it would be awkward either way,
and the suspicion would only double
if not become a definite thought in someone's mind.
Could the gay really resist attempting to take it to the next level,
knowing it could mess up the bromance?
From my experiences, gays are very impulsive.
They know what attracts them.
They know what they want.
But if such feelings and actions can be repressed and controlled,
then the bromance should function much like any other.
Just without any of the casual roughhousing.
Willpower can be strong, but it's never that strong. Haha.
I'd like to actually see one, or be involved in a bromance myself.
Very curious to see if it would work.
Who knows, I could be in one and not realize it. Hmm...
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment