August 31, 2009

Summer Break


Uhn. Yes yes ya'll.
And it don't stop.
Back from my hiatus to give you the blog you all adore,
no ego. [Yes, I will be tryin to make that a thing. haha]

Tonight I'm talkin about summer breaks.
Not so much summer breaks themselves,
but you know how we've all been away from each other
and then we come back to college.
We ask each other how our summer went,
and we give the same overview just about:
Work, chilled. Nothin much.
If we went on a trip,
we mention it,
but of course no details.
We're much too busy for that.
You know us and our fast paced lives.
But it is what it is.
If any big details need to come up from a crazy summer,
it'll come up doin a game of kings during never have I ever.

But you know,
someone mentioned that like when we all finish our sophmore year of college,
we all work for the summer and don't do much else.
This is type true.
I found myself slavin for the most part.
I mean, I did attend some parties here and there,
but only because I was on campus.
And the parties were basically with just the people I worked with.
I'm tellin you,
college may be a great time,
but it prepares you for the multitude of boring summers that are to come.

Now, don't get me wrong.
This has been probably my best summer so far.
This seems to be true for most of the people I spent this summer with as well.
Maybe it being the last summer before we can't go oh-[insert single digit] helped.

Okay, I'll tell the high points of my summer.
This way, if someone asks me what I did this summer,
I can just be like, "Look at the blog, bitch." [no ego]
So okay:
-ended up runnin a naked lap; the one guy hit 7 in a row, hit the last cup, and then his partner hit the last cup too, so we had no rebutale. They are simply sick with theirs.
-went to PRIDE in NYC and ended up gettin redressed in super tight clothes upon my arrival; fun night though.
-roomed with an asian that exposed me to great youtube videos and repeatedly beat my ass in Scrabble
-helped the same asian make videos that were both hilarious yet meaningful for his certain someone
-worked from 11pm to 5am and started drinkin with coworkers soon after, watchin the sunrise as we did it. pure classiness.
-watch my roommate get fired and rehired in the same day.
-expanded my movie collection
-oh, found a couch while on the job and got to keep it
-made a lot of cool new friends, you all know who you all
-and last big thing was goin to Philly to visit a high school friend; good times.

Those were the high points of my summer, my dear friends [and associates].
I hope you all had an equally enjoyable summer,
and may the upcoming semester or work season treat you well.
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment