August 17, 2009

Nicknames


You know, I've often tried to give myself a nickname.
I started with my own faults.
Mushmouth, LeatherHands, Mumbles.
You know, the semi-catchy ones.
Well they didn't catch on.
Then I turn to good ol C. G. Wacko,
an alter ego I've held on to for a while before releasing it as a nickname.
It's slowly catching on.
C. G. or Wacko some people call me.
These monologues and my Facebook profile name as Cee Gee helps. Haha

But the best nicknames come from the ones people give you.
Kinda like family names.
My mother's side of the family calls me Greg
and my sister Raissa is called Ysha.
It's just how some families roll.
Others are given by friends.
Like today.
I had the... pleasure, one could say... of recieving
the nickname of Swarley and its variations.
This came from watching an episode of How I Met Your Mother,
where Barney is called Swarley by a coffee shop cashier and his friends catch wind of it.
One of the variations is Swarles Barkley.
My friends soon linked this to Charles, which I knew they would,
and the names have rolled on all day.
I'm sure it will continue until they possibly forget about it.

But,
instead of running away from it
and denying it,
I will attempt to embrace it,
for it is when you hate it most that it truly sticks.
My one friend is learning this as well.
Let say their last name is... Micadera.
This person would be called Fuckin Micadera when ever they did something wrong or just something ... "out there". Haha.
At first it bugged them,
but over the summer they are begining to own it.
They are Fuckin Micadera,
not in the literal sense of course,
but it is their name.
What they do makes them.
They should not feel shamed by it,
but praised by it.
They are worth such attention that they get called out on it.
I think that's pretty nice if you ask me.
But that's just the power of some nicknames I suppose.
The only true question is their staying power.
But they all differ.
To each their own.
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment