August 15, 2009

Long Distance Relationships


You know how it usually goes.
You date someone for a certain period of time.
Then high school or college ends.
Maybe for the older folks, a new job opportunity pops up.
And for some reason,
no matter how far apart our new journeys may take us,
we attempt to salvage our relationships,
hold on to them,
even though we know they are destined to fail.
The phone, video chats, and regular check-ups can only do but so much.
We don't have our mate around us at all time.
Our memory of them begins to fade.
Their voice.
Their face.
Their personality.
We forget why we may have loved the person,
and for some of us,
we find a new one to replace them
before we even let them go.
Because we still want to hang on to what used to be.

Why?
Is not one of the purposes of life to move on and grow?
To let go of the past and to embrace the future and its uncertainties.
The past is the ultimate security blanket.
It keeps us grounded in what is familiar.
But we must break away from it.

Now, I'm not saying no long distance relationship can work.
I'm sure some has,
but this is because there is always the promise that they will definitely reconnect once they are no longer required to be seperated, at least to such an extreme as different states or nations.

I've actually been in a LDR of sorts.
It happened at the end of last summer,
met him the month before I left,
only saw him in person twice.
Not sure why I thought it would work.
I always told myself that LDRs weren't for me.
But you know me,
always willing you try anything once.
We chatted online and through text.
But it wasn't enough for me.
There hadn't been enough for me to build off off
or a LDR to work.
It had only been a month after all.
It was also a strong possiblity that he would no longer call Jersey a permanent residence, too.
With all this combined,
I realized I didn't feel for him in that special way.
I decided to no longer waste his time.
I picked a fight with him,
drew ihim through the right hoops,
and we broke up.
I couldn't live holding him back in Jersey.
We broke up just before Thanksgiving Break,
when we would have had a chance to possibly build our relationship more.
It just felt right to me.

The whole point of a LDR is the reunion,
as I've said before.
Without it,
there is virtually no point in persuing a LDR.
It's best to just move on...
True story.

3 comments:

  1. SO SAD. LDR'S KING OF FUN BECAUSE YOU CAN BUILD TRUST IN A RELATIONSHIP AND TRUST IS HARDLY FOUND IN ANY OF THAT

    ReplyDelete
  2. All my life i have never seen anything that work so fast like Dr.Agbazara spell. I am from New Jersey and my name is Nicole after contacting Dr.Agbazara then i started believing in the saying that every coin has two sides. When my lover left me she sworn never to come back to me again but thank God that through the help of Dr.Agbazara i have my lover back to me within 48 hours and i will also want other people that are heart broken to contact Dr.Agbazara through these details below which are via email: ( agbazara@gmail.com ) or via Whatsapp on +2348104102662 then you can see the wonders of Dr.Agbazara

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all thanks to Dr. Agbazara for bringing back my lover to me within 48 hour. I have nothing to say than to Thank you and to let you know that i am happy.. My Lover treats me better and he spends most of her time with me now telling me how much he loves me than ever before.. If you have any problems with your lover contact Dr. Agbazara via email: ( agbazara@gmail.com ) or call / WhatsApp ( +2348104102662 ) because he is the solution to every relationship problems with his spiritual powers.

    ReplyDelete