August 27, 2009

Mind Tricks

You know how people say, "It's all in your mind."
Well believe it. It's true.
If you don't, then it's not all in your mind.
You follow?
Come on, catch up.I
'll give you a couple example of these "mind tricks".

Take sleep.
I recently discovered that some people don't count the first hour they're in the bed.
Why not?
You in the bed.
You bout to go to sleep.
Sure, it may take you a few to fall asleep.
But just say to yourself when you go to sleep,
"Let's see, it's 4am now.
4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11.
I can run off seven hours."
Trust me, I do it all the time.
Even if I don't fall asleep until 5:28,
I still wake up refreshed like,
"Damn. That was a good 7 hours."
You'll def be less cranky during the day.

Another good one is sickness.
This is not true of every sickness,
but for a fair number it is.
Headaches are a good example.
I hardly have headaches,
but anytime I looked down
my mom would come at me like, "You alright? You got a headache?"
And I would instantly start to feel one come.
[I feel one coming now.
Got me thinkin bout it and shit.]
I would tell her nicely not to speak life into it,
and she would put her hands up and walk away.
With colds, it kinda mind over matter.
Sure, you messed up,
but keep telling yourself you're aight
and you'll be able to focus and function for the most part.

Demons, ghost, and aliens.
Now, I'm not too sure about all this.
Black folks are superstitous
but we tend to be fairly grounded in reality
mostly because of our environment... >.>
So we don't got time to worry about all that bullshit.
But white folks,
they be possessed
or see ghost throw shit across the room
or get abducted by aliens
like every other day.
Haha. I'm just sayin,
if you don't believe in the boogie man
that mothafucka don't suddenly be under ya bed the next night.
I should know...I thought that Steve Urkel Halloween puppet was under my bed for the longest...
He may be there right now...
good thing that's under my bed in Jersey.
I ain't seeing that no time soon. Haha

Lastly, paranoia.
People aren't out to get yo ass.
You not that important.
So stop thinkin that shit.
Once you do,
we can all go back to being friends
and gettin on with out lives.

Ey, I'm just playin...
but I'm sayin.
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment