October 29, 2009

Attendance


Hahaha.
Okay, so you know how college kids go to class, right?
And how sometimes they don't go, right?
....I forgot where I was going with that. Haha

But anyway,
I noticed something this week.
Teachers always learn ethnic kids' names faster than white kids' name.
Now, it's not because our names are different.
Ain't no way some old white man is gonna get Shaquisha or Tekino in one shot.
Naw, it's obv cause we don't look like anyone else in the class.
You know that one game Guess Who?
You remember how if you had one of the 2 black people you were fucked cause the other guy knew who you had?
Well that's what teachers do.
They remember a name, let's say Charles, belongs to a black kid.
They'll knock down all the white kids faces, then the ethnic girls.
Then he'll try his luck, get it right, and remember it.
The hardest to get are obviously the white girls.
They're so many of them and they all have similiar features if you group the right ones together.
[and yes, that was another one of my countless stabs at white chicks :-P]

I bring up all this to say this...
Do you now how hard it is for me to skip class!!!???
Even if the teacher doesn't take attendance,
they're gonna notice they're down a blackie.
A white girl can miss a class with a strict attendance taker and still get credit like she was there cause her friend'll say here twice, pointing her head in different direction each time.
[ranting mode cooling down]

I mean,
I guess I understand why attendance is important.
We are here to learn after all.
But let that be up to us.
We're adults.
If we feel like stayin in after a hard hard night, then let us.
Don't make attendance affect our grades.
Our poor tests grade due to the fact that we weren't in class for the notes will hurt our grades enough.

But ey, what do I know?
I'm just some preppy black kid with a new laptop and a lot of free time.
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment