August 12, 2010

AC Issues




Is it bad that I can only stand to be in my room
half-naked with a towel tied around my head
and a strong drink in hand?

So I've been in my new fall apartment
for about a week now.
[We're just gonna ignore that
the start of school is still a whole month away.]
As many of you know
August is notoriously the hottest month all year.
2010 ain't no exception.

In my summer housing on campus,
the central air would cut on and off as it pleased
but at least it kept the 2 floor dorm cool.
[That's right I said 2 floors.
We do it way big round here at Loyola. haha]

In my fall room, however,
there are 4 window AC units:
1 in each bedroom, the living room, and dining room.
One alone is noisy as a Thursday night at a college bar.
All four is damn near Halloween at Baltimore's Fells Road.
But here's the kick,
it'll still be blazing in the room.
If I turn them off,
I only sweat a lil faster.
The circulation is terrible.
I'd probably be better off opening a window.
But I'm on the first floor
and I'd still be walking around half naked. haha

Too often am I faced with the choice
of sweating a puddle with no AC
or turning them on for slight relief and noise complaints from neighbors. haha

So if you were me,
what would you do?
I've already told you my alternative,
but I'd like a bit of variation. haha
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment