September 22, 2010

Funday

If you'll allow, I'd like to break down
how each day of the week feels to me.


Monday
Hardly anyone likes Mondays.
They're the start of the work/school week
for the majority of the Americans.
I see Monday as my main obstacle in the week,
so it's best to just get it out the way.
Work from 9am to 1pm.
Classes from 3-9pm.
They're all fun classes,
but the 3rd class is 2.5 hours.
....needless to say I don't feel
like doing shit at the end of the day.


Thursday 1
Tuesday feels like Thursday to me
because they are exactly identical
unlike the rest of my days.
I start class at 3pm both days and go til 6.
The only difference is that
I'm always faced with the sad realization
that I am far from the end of the week.

Wednesday
Good ol' hump day.
Still have work from 9-1,
but no 3rd class, so I end at 6pm.
By the way, you may have noticed
I don't start class til late.
This is because I'm not a morning person.
We'll get into that in a later post.

Thursday 2
The real Thursday comes.
I eagerly wait for my classes to start
and once they're over
I always want to walk in the middle of the quad
and shout, "IT'S THE WEEKEND!!!"
Depending on my funds that week,
I'll either go out...
or work to make up for my lack thereof.

Saturday
You may be wondering what happened to Friday.
Well this is Friday.
But see, with a Friday
there's work and then fun.
On Saturdays, for the most part,
there's only fun to be had.
Sure, sometimes I get called into work,
but I could get called in to work on a real Saturday, too.
I keep saying I'm going to sit on the quad all day,
but I haven't yet.
You'll probably see a blog post once I do.

Funday!!!
You remember how when you were a kid,
you wished there could be 8 days to the week:
an extra weekend day to just lounge around
and push Monday even further away?
Well, I called this day Funday in my mind.
What better name could there be?
And now with a 3-day weekend for the whole semester,
my dreams are finally coming true.
Where I might have done homework on Saturday,
on Funday I can look at my books in my day-after state
and laugh at their covers, at their hopes of being read.
It's the perfect day to start day drinking like classy upper-classers.
Basically, anything I wanna do on Funday,
best believe I'mma do it.

Sunday
It's back to life,
back to reality.
I watch football games
with my fellow fantasy football players
as I assess what assignments still need to be completed.
It starts out as a mellow day,
and ends up with a grumpy Charles
because I remember I have to wake up
before 9am the next day.


But it was all worth it for Funday.
Word.

1 comment:

  1. FUN DAY!!! Wish there was one, but honestly if it wasn't for Mondays, Sunday would be my favorite day of the week!

    ReplyDelete