September 14, 2010

School Years: Return of the Senioritis

The fact that I tried so hard
to parody a Star Wars title should say something.

Yes, my dear friends and associates,
senioritis is beginning to run its course through my veins.
I realize it's only been a week of classes so far,
but once senior year strikes,
the condition loses all concept of time.

As this has somewhat decidedly
become my last year of schooling
[at least until I feel the urge to attend grad school],
thoughts of "why does this even matter"
have popped into my mind.
No worries, I have no aspirations to pull a Kanye.
That would just be a waste of 3 years...
and my parents would literally kill me.
Let's be serious. haha

I thought I set up a good schedule for myself.
No classes before 3pm Monday-Thursday,
no classes on Friday.
Picked classes that all seem interesting.
But alas, there are some hiccups.

My 2nd English class,
required as core curriculum for graduation,
is already proving gruesomely uninteresting.
The teacher has decided to focus on the "surrounds."
It's like a nature writing class except we're reading it.
No offense to nature writers, but I can stand it.
And sure, we'll read novels later,
but I can feel she'll focus more on the surroundings than action.
I fail in sharing her interest in such.

The other problem is my Monday.
I decided to take on working one job from 9am-1pm,
knowing damn well I'm not a morning person.
That was the whole point of not having class til 3.
Ah, but there's more.
I have class from 3-9 on Mondays.
Sure, these classes are interesting...
but they're still draining.

But the true source of the senioritis
comes from my procrastination as usual.
However, I'm implementing a new tool in my arsenal.
I'm enlisting the help of a planner.
That's right folks,
for the first time in my college career
I'll be using a planner.
How have I kept up with everything until now?
I have a good memory when I want to.
But I'm trying to do assignments ahead of time
instead of waiting til the last minute
and I'm hoping the planner will help.

To my fellow seniors I must ask,
are you feeling the affects of senioritis yet?
I surely hope not.
But if you are unfortunate enough,
how are you dealing with it?
If we help each other,
we can all make it though.
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment