November 27, 2010

#54 - Buy More Socks

Yes, this was actually part of my task list.
Listen, when I go shopping,
socks are the last thing on my mine.
Shit, jeans and shoes aren't even on my mine.
I shop for tees, shirts, and cardigans for the most part.
I only look at a person's top half,
so that the main part I dress myself.

However, when I composed my list,
I noticed that nearly all of my socks had holes in them.
In this, of course, is not cute.
I was like, "How all these holes get here?
I just bought these socks!"
In reality, I bought them 3 years ago.
They were just my nearest socks.
I only have 3 pairs older than them,
not counting my colored socks.
Those are still maintaining.

So, this Black Friday
while I was at Wal-Mart
I picked up some socks as an afterthought.
(They were in the same area I bought my new khakis for work.)
I haven't bust them open just yet,
but I can assure you that when I do
I'll be throwing out a few pair of socks.

For the most part I just buy white socks, the high joints.
I feel more secure that way.
I don't like how the wind might hit my ankles, not calming for me at all.
There's also the skin thing,
but more on that whenever I get around to buying shorts...
Buying bright socks or ones with characters on them has always seemed kind of girly to me, though I've seen numerous men wear some.
It's always thrown me off a bit.
Just never been by thing.
Like I said, I focus on the top half of my apparel.

Buying socks is also a relief for me.
I feel at home enough around some of my friends' apartments
to take off my shoes and relax.
But I thought twice about it recently
cause I ain't want to have my big toe waving hi at people.
And what if I were to get lucky?
I'd be tight if someone put a pause on things
just cause I had busted socks. haha

But yeah...
I completed a few different tasks here and there
and I'm currently in the process of completing more.
So more interesting post about them are coming soon.
You can believe that... homeboy.
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment