November 30, 2010

I'll Just Take This...

So I was laying in bed this morning
and an idea for a post hit me.
I hesitated to actually write it,
but I think I'll go on ahead.

Have you ever liked a person so much
but you knew you could never be with them
so instead you took something to remember them by?
You know, like a little memento or something.
For some reason, you just can't let the person go
no matter how much you tell yourself to.
It's disturbing, to a degree;
having that memento is kind of a coping thing.

I'll admit, I've done it, but only once.
At the time I was drunk,
but I had to take care or somebody.
After they were done expelling liquids
and I had put them to bed,
I looked around the room
and before I left I grabbed something.
I laughed quietly to myself as I did it, too.

Don't worry, I told the person afterwards that I had it.
Did I return it? ....haha
I just.... I had to hold on to it.

There's something about knowing you have it,
being able to take it anywhere you want,
it's almost like Linus and his blanket.
That object is a substitute for that person being their,
being available to you at all times.
It's comforting.

Yeah, this sounds like some lonely shit,
but ey, it's a way to get by
until you can find someone
who feels the same way about you.
When you find that person,
then hopefully you'll be able to let go of that object
because then you'll actually have someone
always there for you.
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment