December 21, 2015

Spoiler Wars



If you're reading this within four hours of me posting it, I'm most likely still in the movie theatre watching Star Wars: A New Hope. Er, I mean The Force Awakens. I hope you were brave enough to click on the link. Apparently people are afraid of this phenomenon called spoilers. Personally, I don't get the big whoop.

Spoilers supposedly ruin the ending, major plot point, or major plot twist of a movie, show, or book. I say poppycock. Sure, the mystery is gone, but I don't think the pleasure is sucked out of the experience. You still get to enjoy the journey of the story. You know, the journey-is-better-than-the-destination type of deal.

Besides, with a movie like Star Wars, nothing could be ruined with those wonderful effects. That's like saying Avatar could be ruined if you knew he dies at the end. [Honestly, I forgot the plot of Avatar. I just remember it basically being Pocahontas from John Smith's view point.]

If you do believe in spoilers, I'm sorry. I hope you've done well in your quest to avoid them until you're able to plop in a comfy seat with overpriced popcorn. May the odds be ever in your favor. Live long and prosper. And party on, Wayne.

Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment