March 12, 2010

Oh... That Was Due Today?

I'm sure we've all done it.
Sometimes we get so many assignments or tasks
and we do most of them,
but we always forget to finish a crucial duty.

Now, sure we can remedy this
with planners and cellphone reminders.
But somehow we still manage to forget to do it.

So what do we do?
We BS our way through it.
If it's an assignment for a class,
you act as attentive as possible
and participate in what parts of the conversation you can.
If it's something big,
you be like,
"Oh, you know what?
I left that right on my desk.
Can I bring it by your office after my last class/meeting?"

Sometimes, you're lucky to find out something is due in two days
that you thought wasn't due for weeks.
...much like I just did.
If you follow me on Twitter, you know what it is.
When you find that out,
all you can is grind.
Make it work,
and make it look the best you can.

Mmm... I suppose it's important to say what happens when you get caught.
Well... obviously, you're gonna look dumb.
And unreliable.
And you may cop a F/incomplete or get fired.
So best watch your ass.
Know what teachers/bosses you can get away with forgetting things with.
This will help you manage your time
and understand which projects should come before others
and which can be ignored completely.

Now...
Go out and be productive, my dear listeners.
Don't be like me.
Stay on top of your shit.
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment