March 8, 2010

Ignorance is Bliss

First off,
hello there.
I decided to take a lil break last week.
It was my school's spring break after all.
I still found myself wanting to blog,
but I didn't know what to talk about.
That usually happens when I'm doin nothing with my life.

Anyway,
I finally have something to dwell on
since I'm finally around my college friends again.

Have you ever found yourself in a situation
where you could find out information
but desperately wanted to run away
so you wouldn't know what it was?
You know,
because knowing it would just upset you
or maybe you're just not ready to take on the responsibility of knowing it.
Sometimes not being aware of something is the best feeling in the word.
You're not bogged down with the dread it might contain.
Think about it.
When you hear about disasters or scandals,
you feel some type of way.
But usually when you avoid receiving the knowledge
you're walkin around pleased with the status quo.

Now, I'll admit.
I've been living blissfully because I've been avoiding certain bits of information.
But I really don't want to anymore.
I mean, yes.
Ignorance is bliss,
but knowledge is power.
Deep, right?
The more you know,
the more you can do.
You can access situations
and go about bettering them.

So, grow out of ignoring things right in front of you.
Learn how to deal with it.
You'll grow from it.
Trust me.
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment