March 23, 2010

Suicide Joke

I was up early this morning attempting to study
when my 1 of my best friends hit me up on AIM.
And part of our conversation got me thinking about something.
Here's the short portion that inspired today's post.

SNUFFY (7:22:29 AM): smh
C G Wacko (7:22:56 AM): hey. hey!!!
C G Wacko (7:23:01 AM): don't you ever
C G Wacko (7:23:03 AM)
: ever
C G Wacko (7:23:10 AM): ever ever ever ever ever
C G Wacko (7:23:15 AM): shake your head at me
SNUFFY (7:23:21 AM): SMMFH
C G Wacko (7:23:21 AM): not even your damn head
C G Wacko (7:23:27 AM): or fucking head!
C G Wacko (7:23:30 AM): grrrr
C G Wacko (7:23:38 AM): nor motherfucking head
C G Wacko (7:23:47 AM): no one wants to see your dick anyway
SNUFFY (7:23:55 AM): hahahahaha
C G Wacko (7:24:04 AM): #suicidejoke
C G Wacko (7:24:30 AM): suicide joke - a joke made at the expense of both the joker and jokee
SNUFFY (7:24:40 AM): lol

You see, "Snuffy" and I
have had this running joke since high school about him banging my mom.
I think he's even made songs about it.
At first, I tried to ignore it,
then I tried to make jokes about me banging his mom...
but his mom is no one I'd like to bang [sexuality aside, haha].
So, I decided to just go along with it
and see how far I could go before I made him laugh.
It's become a sort of competition between the two of us now.

In fact,
I've noticed that's most of my humor.
I'll take a lot of jabs at myself,
because who doesn't love a humble dude.
I will often throw in a few suicide jokes as well.
These are usually about either blacks or gays.

What are some examples I can draw up...
Let's say I see a black person with fried chicken.
I'll say, "Stop being a sterotype."
Then I'll pretend to reach in so I can eat a wing.
OR
Let's say a gay friend is talking about guys they like.
I'll say, "You're such a hoe, stop tryna be like me."
This I'll say with as straight a face as possible [pun not intended].
(sidebar: contrary to what my friends tell you, I am not a ho.
Does a ho have an 18 month dry season? No, I don't think so. haha)

But what are the risks of the suicide joke?
In a sense,
you're degrading yourself.
You're broadcasting to the world:
hey, I don't think shit of myself.
People will also hear you disrespect yourself
and then think it's cool if they do the same to you.
I.E. : If you joke about how fat you are,
people will start calling you fat as well.
Do you really want that?

Now, I'm not saying we shouldn't use suicide jokes.
I'm a man of comedy, myself.
I'm just saying use them in moderation,
and be able to jab back
when others make jokes at your expense.
Don't let them see your weak side,
cause then they'll walk all over you.
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment