March 19, 2010

Suit Up!


Are any of you familiar with the TV show
How I Met Your Mother?
...You don't. Hmm... Well.
It's a pretty funny show,
but I asked you that because of this:
there's a character on the show
[played by the impeccable Neil Patrick Harris]
who constantly wears a suit.
And he has a catchphrase of sorts
which is, you guessed it, "Suit up!"
a command instructing his friends to don suits.
Because, doesn't everyone just look better in a suit?
They just seem classier, you know?

Anyway,
a friend of mines at Loyola decided to plan a Suit Up! day.
There's supposedly an official one later in the year,
but why should there only be one day to get fly?
That day was today.
I partook in the activity.
I had on my black suit,
that had been tailored my senior year of high school,
and a black and purple striped shirt with a black tie.

Now...
I suppose I'll be honest.
I need my suit re-tailored. Haha.
Yeah... all eat and no work-out
is starting to affect how I fit in clothes.
Go figure.
But this is a topic for a later post.

Back to the matter.
Yeah. I saw a few other kids observing,
but for the most part,
people were still dressed regularly.
This is for two reasons, I'm sure.
1) Some kids just plum forgot.
It happens.
Some kids invited to the Facebook group didn't even watch the show.
and 2) It's 70-72 degrees in Baltimore today,
and my, is the sun shining brightly today.
I had to keep a tissue in my pocket to wipe away beads of sweat.
Haha.
You know I keep it 100% with ya'll.

But I still got compliments on my suit.
I also got a lot of, "Why are you so dressed up?"
"Suit Up! day," I replied.
"No, really," they said back.
Haha.

Again, why do we need a reason to dress so nicely?
Then again,
I guessed if we dressed nicely more often
it wouldn't be as special.
It just becomes part of the norm,
and I suppose it's always nice to dress differently on rare occasions.

Oh, and just to let you know,
I'm out of the suit now.
I'm about to go off campus on a trip to the aquarium with a group of kids.
No need to be suited and booted to sea fishies. haha.
I'm keeping this shirt and tie though, my nigga.
Shit is fly. Haha.
Word.

1 comment: