May 17, 2010

Why Am I Turned On?

This is a question I've asked myself throughout my life,
especially when I began exploring my sexuality.
Granted, men overall are very sexually driven creatures,
but it seems like every time I turn around,
I see someone I like.
...okay, I see a lot of people I like,
but I'm usually able to narrow it down to one I really want.

But how do I do this?
What is it that makes me desire someone so badly?

Well, it starts with the physical, obviously.
Now, does this mean the peak of fitness?
No, not particularly.
Muscular, skinny, petite, slightly pudgy, more to love, whatever.
The important thing is that it looks good on them
and they know how to accentuate their body type.

Of course, personality has to come into play too.
Sometimes you like people exactly like you in most ways,
other times you want the exact opposite.

For a while,
I believed I liked someone because they had something I didn't.
They were taller, cuter,
stronger, smarter,
musically gifted, athletic,
confident, successful, etc.
Any attribute or skill that I might not have.
But I mean...
we're all different,
so we all have something the other doesn't.
There has to be a better cause for attraction.

It must have something to do with certain combinations.
Yeah... that has to be why.
I think... it has something to do with becoming complete.
A couple is supposed to be the perfect package,
like I said, they complete each other.
They make up were the other is incapable.
When there's an aspect unfulfilled in a relationship, it fails.

I think I got a lil deeper with this post than I intended. haha.
At any rate, this is what I've come to believe.
You know... this blog is all about exploring the way things work, in a sense.
Insight and humor, right?
So where's the humor been, lately?
Don't worry, it's on the way.
And if you've still been laughing at these recent post,
then I'm obviously funny without trying. [no ego]

Anyway,
I'm finally back into the regular flow of things,
so the post we become more regular
as if it's been getting its proper fiber intake.
...don't you love bad jokes? haha

So, my dear friends [and associates],
what turns you on?
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment