July 27, 2010

Quote of the Day, 3

"College is like a year long vacation with time share meetings called classes." -Charles Gregory Clark

This was a realization I came to within the first month of college.
There are just so many options.
You may come in alone,
but you pretty much make friends right off the bat.
And if you leave in the right building,
and on the right floor,
then it's basically like the whole floor is your room.
Doors are left open,
people share freely,
it's just one big ol' community.
That's freshman year at the very least.
From there
it's just more recklessness.

Sure,
there are classes and homework and papers and finals,
but those aren't the things that define a college experience.
It's the people you meet.
The people you love.
The people you hate.
The people you tolerate.
The people you talk about.
The people you work with.
College helps high school graduates
develop into fairly functional members of society,
as long as they can resist become alcoholics or drug addicts.

Let's not be ignorant.
College is where a lot of first happen,
whether it be your first time having Chipotle,
seeing an actual play,
meeting black people or white people,
making love,
seeing a steady bf/gf,
"experimenting" with homosexuality,
having your first drink,
having your first hit.

I just...
I love it.
It's becoming a cliche,
but I do wanna stay in college for the rest of my life.
But alas,
I have come upon my last year.
And while I'd like to stay,
my scholarship runs up this year.
So graduation is not an option. haha
Besides, I came in with 2011.
I plan on leaving with 2011.
It's a good year, a good class.
And they're the ones that helped me
develop into the man whose words you are currently reading.
Word.

1 comment:

  1. u didn't mention ur first crazy roommate...
    wait... did i say that out loud?... hahaha

    ReplyDelete