October 23, 2010

#73 - Go to a non-Loyola bar while still at Loyola

I decided it would be a good idea
to blog as I completed a task
from my list of 101 in 1001 days,
what with my lack of frequent posts lately.

Now I know what you're thinking.
"Charles would take care of the one that requires drinking first."
Well you can shut that ass up.
I only had [thinks for a moment]... 1 Long Island and 2 beers that night.
(Prices were too damn high. haha)
And for those wondering why it's on the list at all,
Loyola is a very bubble like environment.
You can easily end up doing the same things,
going to the same places over and over.
This was an exercise to help me burst out of it.

A quick note.
I have ventured to establishments
not commonly frequented by Loyola patrons in the past,
but I wanted to ensure I did my senior year as well.

So last Saturday,
my mom came down for the weekend.
It was nice spending time with her.
We ate and saw a play, good stuff.
The whole weekend though,
a group of my female friends
were talking about going to Grand Central,
this gay club in Baltimore.
[Yes, some of these females are lesbians.
That stereotype of us hating each other is false. haha]
However, do to complications,
they ended up going to another place,
the Ottobar, instead.

I've been to the Ottobar once
to see A Cool Stick last summer.
But at the time I was underage,
so I just went for the show.
I decided to return to get the ball rolling on this list.

Apparently by some chance of luck,
the night we chose to go to the Ottobar
happened to be a Lady Gaga/Britney Spears/Madonna themed night.
As you may have figured,
yes it was very gay (in both senses of the word).

The bar has a stage and dance floor as well.
The place was packed with people dancing their hearts out,
singing along to every lyric of the songs.
It was weird seeing guys up on the stage dancing instead of girls, though.
Nice little change.
Did I get up on stage? No.
I wasn't in the mood.
Besides, it was too fun watching my one friend
get hit on my older lesbians. (Cougars. Rawlr.)

I'm curious as to what the Ottobar is like on a regular night.
Probably means I'll return.

So, that's one down, 100 to go.
Look forward to more from the list soon.
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment