October 4, 2010

...I Just Said That

Has anyone literally said the exact same thing
seconds later after you said it
as if you never said it?

For a while
I thought it was just me.

I was convinced that my speech impediment
had become a way to implant my thoughts
into the mind of others.
[This is even pre-Inception, folks.]
I thought I was awesome,
but at the same time I wanted credit for my thoughts.

But ideas in class wasn't the only time it would happen.
It would happen when I joked during a conversation
or when I commented on something on TV.
Imagine saying something witty
only to have some else repeat
and then people start laughing.

Perhaps I should take it as a compliment.
You know, back to that whole
"imitation is a form of flattery" deal.

Who knows, I may even do it myself
and not realize it.
...I wonder if they even realize it.

It could be worse, though.
A guy could follow me around as I said,
"It is hot,
so hot dogs wanna be cats so that it's less for the sun to hit,
so hot the grass is turning to sand,
so hot I'm imagining I seeing cactuses.
Man, it's hot."
To which they reply, "Yeah, and it's hot too."
That's the kind of mess that gets you slapped.
#pootietangreference
Word

1 comment: