January 6, 2011

Tumblr Tots

Remember how I said I didn't blog in December?
Well, that was half true.
I didn't blog on Blogger,
but sure enough my ass was on Tumblr all up and down.
I didn't write anything though.

Let me explain if I will.
First there was MySpace.
Then people younger than us and the freaks ruined it.
Then there was Facebook.
Our parents and young folk are ruining it now.
Now there's Twitter.
And yes, I smell the apocalypse coming for her, too.
So, I'm on Tumblr now.
It's that hot new shit, and I'm staring the trend!!!
Ok... so I know people who have had it long before me,
but it's hot now cause I'm on it. #noego

This is a gif.
So what is Tumblr?
Well, it's similar to Twitter in a sense.
You can still follow people,
and they don't have to follow you back.
There are a few celebrities, I believe.
There's a homepage where all the posts show up and your own page that you can customize.
But Tumblr is more about the visual.
You post jpegs, gifs, and videos mostly.
[GIFs are those pictures that move.]
Sometimes people blog, but those can sometimes get overlooked.
So Tumblr has been included in my rotation of regular sites
along with Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Blogger.

So what are some of the main ones I follow?
Well of course I follow the handful of friends that have one.
These are mostly the same people with Twitters.
I suppose we like multiple outlets of expression. #shrug
yourmomisclubbin and whenparentstext are instant day brighteners.
I'm pretty sure the same person put me on to them
before I even started using Tumblr like that.
Then there are the fuckyeah sites that focus on one particular topic.
For instance fuckyeahwallacewells to feed my recent Scott Pilgrim addiction,
And of course I follow fuckyeahkidcudi and fuckyeahkanyewest.
Keep in mind, these are just fansites.

Tumblr also introduced me to this British show called Misfits that I keep going on about to my friends.
This is mostly because of didn't pictures and gifs I saw of the show.
Tumblr is weird like that.
It'll introduce you to new stuff you wouldn't have found otherwise, and it'll remind you of things you loved like Digimon or Land Before Time.
Oh, and if you wanna watch Misfits, you can click this.

And if you're looking for it, you can even find erotic stuff.
I mean, this is the internet.
I've stumbled across a lot of gay theme things on tumblr.
I only repost the PG-13 stuff though, sometimes not even.
But trust me, it can get raunchy for anybody if you look hard enough. smh

So, that's my new fixation at the moment.
Follow along it you'd like.
Of course my angle is cgwacko.tumblr.com
I mean, what else would it be? Duh.
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment