January 3, 2011

Writer's Spirit





Well hello there, my dear friends [and associates].
It's 2011 now, isn't it?
Are you sure it's not just December 34th right now?
No... okay.


So let me address the sabertooth tiger in the cyberspace.
Yes, I only posted once in December.
And for a while before that, 
the majority of what I did post
were Hip Hop Blocks and 101 Tasks in 1001 Days.
[Both series will be continued for now, in case you were wondering.]


In all honesty, guys...
I had lost my drive.
Not only to blog but to write in general.
All last semester, I struggled with even the simplest writing assignment.
...AND I'M A WRITING MAJOR.
You won't believe how many assignments I turned in late
and just didn't care.
Some assignments didn't get turned in at all.
And during finals when I had papers,
I wished they were an in-class final instead
so that at least at some point it would be over
and I wouldn't have to take time out of my day.
It had gotten that bad!


So, how did this happen exactly?
Well I can't tell you all of it right now,
because I feel obligated by authority figures
to not divulge that information.
But you know I will eventually.
I mean, I am me after all.


What I can say is this:
I lost confidence in myself.
I let the world get me down
for things I had done in the past.
The negative thoughts in my mind took control of me,
and I completely shut down.

I'm not sure if this is true for other writers,
but I feel as if there's definitely a writer spirit,
something that inspires you to express yourself.
I kinda equate it to the engine in a car, I guess.
Well, mines needed a tune up badly.
Oil oozed out, smoke seeped from my ears.
It was even sparking, and not in the Katy Perry's boobs kinda way.
I had to put it in the shop and everything. 
[We'll say that's why this blog was a barren wasteland in December.]


I mean, get this.
There would be times when I wanted to blog
to procrastinate my school work
and then I would find something else online 
to procrastinate writing a blog.
You wouldn't believe how many drafts i have saved.
[Not that many, but you catch my drift.]


But yeah, basically I'm saying I'm back.
At least I think I am.
I mean, I'm ready to be back.
I'm sure you missed me. #noego
So, this is my great return.
I hope you're ready to re-embark on this journey again.
Cause this time we're not pulling over for any bathroom breaks.
Yes, that means bring adult diapers with you.
It's the new hot shit like fried turds.
....shut up, I like puns.
And you know you're about to run with it too.
"Yo, you heard that new Weezy? Yo, it's that fried turd, son!"
You know you like it.


Ah, it's feels so good to be back.
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment