April 1, 2013

Farewell, Jokers

This blog has laid barren of new material
for over four months.
I could have left it as is,
with a post mocking white kids
and the rap music they like
in a vein attempt to seem cool.
But this blog deserves better than that.
It deserves a proper burial.

So, it is with much regret
that I formally close the chapter on my life
marked strongly and forever by the Wacko Monologues

This blog has allowed me to explore myself:
my believes, my ignorances, my pitfalls.
I learned what it meant to be black,
what it meant to be gay,
and what it meant to be a generally good person
thanks to this website,
It helped me connect on a level
I didn't expect with those around me.
Most importantly, this blog page
allowed me to polish my voice
and permitted others to appreciate it.

To all those who have constantly
tuned in during my frequent and sporadic posting periods,
I thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart.
Hopefully, the next time you see my writing
will be on a popular establish webpage or publication near you.

And so, for the very last time,
word.

No comments:

Post a Comment