April 9, 2013

How Poetic: 2 Poems, Price of 1 Post

Music Shall Set You Free

Hypnotic,
the trumpet
blares
from the speakers

Mindsets
become fixed
upon
what perplexes them

Loose
from the
constructs
of mental blocks

Drumming
leading a
march
to what troubles

Clarinets
clearing the
way
for shining light

Truth
but a
guitar
string pluck away

Bass
plunging into
depths
known but unknown

There
your childhood
innocence
sits but shattered

The
cause staring
blankly
with dark eyes

Leading
the band
with
its sweet soprano.

__________________________

Economic Break-Up

A stranger in my house
is a woman I used to call my spouse
but she was a louse emotion-wise
whose demise is no fault but her own.
I could not condone her rampant ways
leaving me nightly to display abilities
on the dance floor leading to the possibility
of infidelity.

The mortgage is shared
and afford to bare without the place
is not a stance I care to take
while she refuses to go
and continues to shake
any scare I manage to produce.

Divorcees sharing a flat
turning all my up at bats to fouls
with any lady I convinced
doesn't hide her feelings beneath a cowl
and she reaping the benefits of being stuck
with me out of luck
because men do not give a single fuck
outside of the bedroom.


_______
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment