April 2, 2013

We Ain't Goin' Nowhere

If you couldn't tell yesterday's post
was an April Fool's joke...
I can't even blame you.
But no, my dear friends [and associates],
this blog is not over
- not until my fingers are blown off
during a careless firework demonstration.
Besides, you really think I wouldn't do some sort
of memory lane, greatest posts ever sappy BS?
Because I am so doing that when I'm digit-less.

So what the eff happened to me?
A mixture of the usual:
Carelessness and frustration.
Also, the 5 or 6 post I submitted
back in September-November
were all written on a work computer
while I was laptop-less.
Why was I laptop-less you ask?
Because my dumb ass tried to fix
the charger output inside my laptop
drunkenly one night to watch Chicago with a friend
and fucked it up beyond repair or further charging.
When work become too busy,
I stopped posting.

And that is the sad start to what could have been the end of this blog.
Shortly before the end of my temp-like position
at what has become my part-time employer,
I purchased a fine Macintosh.
I know, I'm so fancy with my secret money stashes.
That was in late February.
But Charles, why didn't you start posting again then?
Because I was a lazy ass who lacked motivation,
that's why.... ya jerk.

Obviously, I beat myself over this.
All March long, as I remained jobless-ish
[and still do - PLEASE HIRE ME]
and lacked direction,
I pondered rather or not I still had anything to write about,
if my stint as a writer was suddenly over without warning.
Looking through small notebooks and jottings on my phone,
I knew there was still something there.

So, using April 1st as a do or die moment,
I killed the blog, hoping I would resurrect it like Harry Potter or something.
I don't know,  I never read the books or saw the movies.
I went through a weird religious/anti-magic phase as a kid; sue me.

As I type this at 4:19pm this fair Tuesday afternoon,
I'm desperately hoping you all still care enough
about this silly thing I call my gift to the world.
Gift? ...yeah, gift.
Because my presence (on the internet) is a present.

So, onward to the confessions of a gay black 20-something
with a Bachelor's degree and just enough direction in life
 to not send him into an alcoholic stupor - however barely that may be.

Prepare for more honesty than ever before,
despite my family occasionally dropping by
to see what I'm really up to.
I mean, they have to find out at some point right?
Just, uh, remind me not to get too graphic, all right?

Oh, one more thing:
Remember how I blogged all March last year
in an effort to rekindle my passion for blogging?
Yeah, not doing that again.
But close enough, I'll be blogging every weekday in April.
And I'm traveling so... could lead to some pretty interesting
subject matter, huh? Yeah, I think so.

Well, I'll see you fools with actual content tomorrow.
[proceeds to Diddy Bop and Harlem Shake]
Ugh, I've missed so many topical blogging points.
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment