January 26, 2010

Facial Hair & You

So....
I shaved again. Haha.
I had a fairly rough weekend.
Some of you know about it,
but in respect for myself
I can keep tellin the world all my business.
Anyway, shaving was a way of starting anew.

Now, I will tell you this:
part of my bad weekend was contributed to
me wearin my glasses to bed one night and breaking them.
[I'll blog about this tomorrow.]
Now pair my lack of glasses with a lack of facial hair
and you have one damn good disguise.
As Ludacris once joked, "I'm incognegro." Haha
I walked the hallways and passed by people,
and some of them had to do double takes.
I found it kind of funny.
Most people either noticed one or the other,
most didn't notice both.

In other words,
I think facial hair is a big descriptive factor.
It really styles a guy.
I noticed that most white guys are clean-shaven for the most part.
And this works for them.
Although that five o'clock or short stubble
can be very sexy and defining as well.
Others wear full on beards, which is considered manly,
I suppose because women don't usually grow them.
[keyword - usually. Haha]
On black guys, I usually see mustaches and goatees.
Those seem to fit us better,
which is the look I usually sport.
Asians... [stifles laughter].
For the most part, in my encounters with them at least,
I never see them with facial hair.
They may have a few stray chin hairs,
but nothing serious.
But when them mugs get older, ooo, watch out.
Mustaches down to the chest, what? haha

Now, some guys can't even grow facial hair.
I know when I first started to grow a mustache,
I was mad suped. [suped = excited] haha
I couldn't wait to I could grow a full beard like my father.
However... the hair on my cheeks still don't grow out.
But I still can't imagine what it's like for those who are grown
and babyfaced, and not by choice.
I wonder if they learn for facial hair.
Like I said, it's kind of a part of growin up and becomin a man for some men.
Even if they do chose to shave it off,
at least they know they have the option of growin it out.

Of course, there are several advantages to facial hair.
For one, it definitely makes you look older.
Two, it keeps you face warm in them harsh winter months.
Three, it really great for pondering.
Haha. OK, so I was on youtube one day,
and I saw this series of commercials
featuring James Lipton, the host of Inside the Actor's Studio.
The commercials started with some random guy or girl
having to make a decision about something,
and JL would come out of nowhere
take off his beard and place it on their face
so that they may ponder their decision.
I found it hilarious.

What's the best look for you, men?
Ladies, what kind of facial hair do you like?
Men, are you strong enough to handle a women with a little stubble on the top of her lip?
[Pause: why is that so taboo anyway? I guess it's cause facial hair is so connected to manliness like I said earlier. So any guy seeing some of that on a chick makes them think of a dude and then the whole homophobia thing kicks in... Poor ladies. Your standards are set so high.]
Anyway, your facial hair grow.
Grow manly beards that lumberlacks grow.
Get them messy and invite birds to nest in them.
Ok... that's OD, but you get the picture.
Haha.
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment