January 11, 2010

First of the Year, Icebreakers


First post of the year, playboi!
Hope you all had a great break like I did.
I wasn't really sure what to talk about
to bring in the new year.
That's part of why it's been so long since I've posted anything.
So... I think I'll just rant freely in this one.

Today was the first day back of classes.
I gotta say, I enjoyed all 3 I had today.
But they will definitely be full of work.
Why is that?
Why do the best classes, the ones that really interest you,
always involve the most work?
Hmm.. I guess it's because that way you're really learning and experiencing the class.

Oh, so I was in my Theology class today,
in the teacher is original from Holland and everything,
so he has a Dutch accent.
But tell me why he was tryna find everyones religious and ethnic backgroundduring attendance today as a form of getting to know the class.
He would guess from names and looks.
I mean, sure the class is talkin about different religions to Christianity, but still.
Now, my name is Charles Clark.
I had on this blue headwrap thingy.
He asked me my religious background.
I said Christianity, and he said oh,
obviously disappointed.
I guess he expected the only black kid in the class to be Muslim.
I think it's funny how immigrants get away with prejudices and making charactizing like that and American white people don't. Haha.

My Advanced Fiction teacher wanted to get to know us too.
There were only 6 kids in the class,
so he had us pair off and interview each other these sets of questions.
Some of the questions I thought could be prying a lil, but you know me.
One of the questions was what is your perfect world,
and I said, "one where everyone just speaks their mind."

I had my Directing class last.
Most of knew each other before the class,
since the theatre program at Loyola is only but so big.
So we talked about how we got into acting and why we wanted to direct.
For me, it was that I usually direct different little scenarios in my head.
Also I have a play I wrote a while back, and I wanna know how to direct it.
I mean, being a writer/director can have it's advantages, right?

Anyway, I think that's enough for now.
Til later, my dear friends [and associates].
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment