December 31, 2009

In 2010, I'mma...

Well, my dear friends [and associates]
the end of the 00s is upon us.
After today, we can't say Oh-# to refer to the present year.
[I mean, you could say Oh-10,
but you'd just sound like a douche, right?]

We've sure been through a crazy decade, haven't we?
I mean, there's no way I can go through it all,
but to go through some that pop to mind:
9/11,we're at war!,we're still at war!,
we're in a recession,
MJ is gone,
Kanye,
50 Cent,
Beyonce,
Brittany,
Lady Gaga,
Chris Brown & Rihanna,
Lord of the Rings,
Harry Potter & Twilight,
Facebook & Twitter,
Hurricane Katrina,
fun times with Bush,
Obama!,
more songs telling us how to dance,
Virginia Tech,
Diddy runs everything,
Jay-Z retired and came back,
Chappelle Show,
The Boondocks,
and many other events and people.
Though I claim the 90s to the death of me,
the 00s is the first decade I can truly say I experienced all the way.

With this decade coming to a close,
everyone is saying that things will be different in the next decade:
Health care will get better.
We'll come out of the war.
We'll find better energy sources.
The recession won't turn into a depression.
Gay marriage will become more accepted.
Black people will become less ignorant. [my own]
On a smaller scale,people have their own personal goals:
I'mma lose this weight.I'mma find me a job.
I'm not gonna let people get in my way.
No more phony people in my life.
I'mma go back to school.
I'mma stop drinking.
I'mma stop cursing.
I'mma go to church.
I'mma find me a man/woman.

Well, whatever you say you gonna do,
whatever your big resolution may be,
follow through on it.
Don't let this be like every other year,
where you just said it to give yourself a goal and feel good about yourself.
Actually accomplish it.
That way you can truly be proud of yourself.
Make the 10s a decade of prosperity.
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment