December 8, 2009

The Blogger Revolution

Quite a few of my friends have started blogs recently.
It interesting to see what they have to say.
But it has me thinking...
this is the age of the bloggers.
I mean, it makes sense.
The computer and internet
has made everything,
and I mean everything,
readily available.
And our generation,
the now generation as my good friend calls us,
has adapted best to this availability.

With the rise of blogs on sites like
blogger, tumblr, wordpress, and even some independent sites,
everyone seems to have something to say.
Some are deal with fashion and it's latest trends,
keeping us all hot in the streets.
Some keep their ears to the speakers,
letting us know what's poppin in the music scene.
Some follow celebrities,
keeping us posted on their latest doings.
While others simple talk about their lives
or their opinion on different issues.

But this rise slightly worries me.
It makes me wonder if this is all just the latest fad,
having a website that you can kind of call your own,
where you say what you wanna say,
so off that you can actually say something of relevance.
That any kid with too much time on their hands starts a blog out od boredom.
I hope that this is not the case.
Now, I'm not coming at anyone in particular.
If anything, I coming at myself.
Cause I sure enough started the Wacko Monologues
because I had nothing else going on in my life.
Yet, even as I become busier,
I still blog on the regular.
It's only when I become less active
that I write less.

So,
may the blogger revloution march on.
May we bloggers grow in number.
And may we all prosper and spread our views in harmony.
Word.

P.S.
Check out a few of my fellow bloggers over there ->
They don't all post as frequently as I do,
but they have some good stuff to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment